Comments & Complaints
Feedback & Comments
Feedback and comments from patients and their families are very important to us. They help us to improve the services we provide and the way in which we provide them. Sometimes patients feel that the service we deliver and the manner in which we operate could benefit from a slight change.
We encourage patients, their carers and others who visit us to speak up if they think we could improve on something we do. All patients are asked to complete a very short comment card when they attend the clinic, and a full survey once treatment is complete.
The latest independently monitored patient feedback for 2015 included the following:
- 100% of patients would be extremely likely or likely to recommend us to friends and family
- 100% rated the overall experience excellent or very good
- 96% were satisfied with the waiting area facilities
- 100% felt they were treated with respect and dignity whilst having their course of treatment
- 100% had complete confidence and trust in the treating doctors
These figures are monitored on a regular basis to ensure high levels of quality are always offered to patients.
If you would like to download a copy of the Patient Survey to complete and return, you can do so here, or please contact us and we can send you a paper copy.
In addition, here are some things patients have said about us recently:
- "Everybody is always fantastic. I have always been treated with love and care, but in a very professional manner..."
- "Always prompt, professional and friendly..."
- "Answered all my questions clearly and with patience..."
- "The only criticism I had in the past was the time between bloods being taken and the treatment starting. But today everything was much quicker..."
- "Lunch was lovely... Really enjoyed it and felt good about eating it because it was very healthy..."
- "The team always strive for excellence..."
- "I have nothing negative to say about my visits here, and all the staff are lovely and excellent..."
- "All my questions were honestly answered. I was confident I knew as much as possible..."
- "I cannot fault the care I have received - and continue to receive. I have complete confidence in every aspect of SCRI's treatment and care..."
We consider a complaint to be much more serious than a suggestion or a comment and will deal with them in a more formal manner for this reason. A complaint is usually when a patient or visitor is not happy with the way in which they have been treated or the way in which we have delivered our services. For a complaint to be dealt with through our formal complaints process, we need to be told about the complaint and the reasons for making the complaint.
Because we are required by law to formally act upon a complaint, we must be able to contact the complainant and provide feedback within 20 working days. We have a process whereby complaints are dealt with swiftly and we aim to respond formally to all complaints within 5 working days. Where more time for a formal investigation is required, we will inform the complainant of this.
Our commitment is to always investigate all complaints courteously, sympathetically, objectively, expeditiously and thoroughly, with a view to obtaining information that results in an honest and balanced resolution to the problem. We aim to provide a rapid response and appropriate reassurance for all those involved in a complaint.
If you have been a patient or a visitor to SCRI UK and would like to make a comment or complaint about our service, please contact the Head of Drug Development Unit on 0203 219 5200 or via email: email@example.com.